How many more pounds should I lose

Monday, May 23, 2011

End of Week 2

2 weeks are officially over.

14 days of my new life and I feel as motivated as ever.

The scale continues to be kind to me but according to my calculations I have saved 42,370 calories so far so the registered loss is no surprise. My first public announcement of my weight loss will occur at the end of the first month. At this rate the number promises to be a doozy!

My first follow up with the surgeon is on Thursday (3 days away) and I hope he allows me to progress to the next level of food- the "Modified Regular Diet." Though the "Full Liquids Phase" has been kind to me, I am starting to get a teenie bit bored with it. There are only so many combinations of Oikos Yogurt, Cream of Wheat, Sugar-Free Jello, Fat Free Tomato soup or Cream of Chicken soup (don't get excited it isn't real "cream" soup) Fat-Free and Sugar-Free Chocolate Pudding.

The next phase will add soft-ish foods such as tuna, flaky fishes, some soft-cooked veggies and ... I better stop there. I don't want to get ahead of myself. On a different note, I hope to get the go-ahead to begin exercising. The small incisions have healed nicely and I have no "band" pain at all. I do have occasional mild indigestion when I stand up but that too is passing with each day.

In my next post I will discuss what it is like to be in "food jail."

Michael

6 comments:

  1. Keep it up HB. I am rooting for you. I can't wait for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow !! this is great. i am anticipating your next segment. knowing you so well, i am certain that you will continue on this journey and complete your goal. you look terrific and i love your new face photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing an amazing job! Thanks for letting us follow your journey with you! We get a new understanding of how much determiation you need.. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Michael, Great Job, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete